Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 1 - 2442 so far

It didn't take me long to get back on the writing horse.  Chapter 1 is in the can.  I'm pretty sure I remembered everything I wanted to include.  Here's my favorite sentence so far.

He glanced around the office, seeing all the employees pecking away on their computers or talking on the phone, and smiled. Twenty-first Century Insurance ran like Swiss watch and, at the rate he was going, he'd be the one doing the winding in a few years.

Tomorrow, Jonah has to drive back to his home town.  I'm wondering how much chapter 2 the car ride is going to take.  I have ran into a slight hiccup already though.  Jonah's currently going by an alias, Joe James, so all the dialogue in the first chapter is attributed to Joe.  I think once he gets back to Mayfair, everyone will be calling him Jonah and I'll have to start sticking "Jonah said" at the end of his dialogue.  I'm wondering if I've ever read anything where the main character's name changes at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment