Monday, June 18, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 18

I'm officially behind.  Not only am I behind the official pace, which would have me being at just over 30k by the end of the day, I'm behind the 25k goal I set for myself last Thursday.  Hell, I'm at a shade under 20k.  At this rate, I'm going to have to bang out a couple two chapter days just to have 50k when the month ends, forget about actually finishing the tale.

On the plus side, I know where the story is going and I rewrote the back cover teaser for Between Hell and a Hard Place a few minutes ago:
Private detective Jack Whitlock is hired by a wealthy socialite to look for her missing 20 year old daughter.  Whitlock's investigations dig deep into the girl's hidden past and uncover a secret double life, all the while butting heads with lowlifes, the missing girl's stepfather, and his most difficult opposition of all, his police officer siblings...

It doesn't mention his ex-girlfriend complicating his personal life but I like the way it brings his family into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment