Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Snow Day When Hildred Called Me Out

I'm a slacker.  Yeah, I admit it.  At first glance, writing a novel or two a year and having a good job don't seem like slacking activities.  However, I'm keenly aware of the amount of time I waste on a daily basis.  While I read a ton of blogs, I'm not a big commenter unless I have a burning desire to make my opinion known.  And now Hildred is taking me to task for not acknowledging her writerly awesomeness and profound Zelda love.  First, the official business:

I originally took today off because I'd intended to see the Toasters last night.  Then the winter weather hit.  I've actually accomplished a fair amount of things today.
  1. went to the bank
  2. acquired new hiking boots and sandals
  3. walked two miles with my dog
  4. bought supplies for beef fajita soup to make in the crock tomorrow while I'm at work
  5. acquired a phone that uses 21st century technology and can text.
  6. Bought a beer called Snow Day since I was taking a snow day
 
 And now, the eleven questions Hildred put to me:
  1. What is the single most annoying trope that makes you want to claw your eyes out? - I hate how every thriller has the forced hookup in it.  In some of them, it's fairly obvious the nuclear scientist is a woman specifically so the burned out cop will have someone to hook up with.
  2. If you could alter history and claim credit for any book ever written, what would it be? - Either the Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler or Code of the Woosters by P.G. Wodehouse.  Both are fantastic books and each has had a lasting impact on me.
  3. How many kids were in your HS graduating class? (or are in your class right now, if you're still in school) - 47.  It was a Catholic high school
  4. If you were guaranteed massive success either way, would you rather traditionally publish or self-publish? - If it was guaranteed either way, I'd go with self-published.  Why split up the pie if I don't have to?
  5. What's the most you've ever paid for an article of clothing...for yourself? - I may have paid more for something since but I have a feeling the $75 pair of Beatle boots I bought in 2006 was the big one.  I wore those things until they had a hole in the bottom and wish I had bought a couple more pair at the same time.
  6. Singer, Model, or Actress - who you gonna be? - Singer.  Remind me to bust out some Johnny Cash or Elvis tunes if the occasion arises.
  7. Chef, Driver, or Maid - who you gonna hire?  Maid.  I hate cleaning.  Plus, she can wear a French maid's outfit if she wants.
  8. Bath or shower?  Shower.  Why would I want to sit in my own filth?
  9. You're scheduling for a delivery to your house during normal business hours. What time do you request, and why? - I'd go with 9-10.  That way I've already had my coffee but haven't mustered enough energy to get cabin fever yet.
  10. Could you survive a whole year or more in a traditional Japanese apartment? (for the record, the one in the video is 10x nicer than mine, although mine is technically larger. Yay.)  Yes.  As long as I have a place to read, I'm good.
  11. Favorite Pokemon. And you can't cop out with "i dunno pokemon" because here's a link, pick the cutest one!  Squirtle.  Just try not saying his name and smiling.  Squirtle.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that's right. Bow to my whims and my sexy Fairy Boys.

    I agree about the self-published comment. Most people have been saying they'll go traditional since they have to do less work. Well, then you don't own most of the rights to your stuff. Rather do more work and own all my rights and have everything the way I want than the alternative, success either way.

    ReplyDelete