Sunday, December 18, 2011

Want to hear something weird?

I had a lot of nightmares when I was a kid and I eventually developed a defense mechanism: As soon as I thought there was a possibility I might be dreaming, I'd try to figure out for sure if I was dreaming or not.  Now that you have the background...

Once, when I was in high school, I dreamed I was standing on the sea shore.  I'd never been to the ocean before and was convinced I was dreaming right away.  I crouched down and scooped up a handful of seawater and tasted it.  Since it had a taste, I thought the dream was real.  I woke up sometime later but never forgot the dream.

About fifteen years later, I finally got my chance to taste seawater when my gf at the time and I went to Tybee Island.  It tasted exactly like it did in the dream I had years earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment