Tuesday, October 11, 2011

That Damnable Seductress!

For the past couple years, I've been watching less and less TV in order to do more reading.  It's gone very well.  My unread pile continues to dwindle and I shouldn't have very many books when 2012 hits.  However...

... Around the beginning of July, I began watching the DVD backlog I'd been accumulating and discovered that not all television sucks.  First, I watched both seasons of Flight of the Conchords in near record time.  After that, it was the first season of Soap.  From there, Futurama season 5 and the second season of the Sarah Silverman Program.

In the last month, I've watched a shameful amount of television.  It all started when Deadwood was the deal of the day on Amazon.  I burned through five episodes one Sunday afternoon and watched all 36 episodes in two weeks.  That'll put a damper on anyone's reading.

As I neared the end of Deadwood, Justified became my new target.  I finished the final episode of season 1 last night.  Luckily I've become enamored with the Matt Smith version of Doctor Who lately and series 5 was in my gold box on Amazon the other day.  I'll be watching the good Doctor in the coming weeks and plan to have it wrapped up before NaNoWriMo kicks off.

It's odd.  I've always been apprehensive about dipping my toe in the Doctor's universe.  There are hundreds of episodes and multiple Doctors.  Until recently, the only ones I've ever seen have been John Pertwee or Tom Baker episodes.  For some reason, every time I visit my parents, BBC America has a Dr. Who marathon and I've since become hooked on the Matt Smith version.  I don't intend on backtracking at this time but you never know.

2 comments:

  1. Of course you should backtrack. Everyone know's David Tennant was the best :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd believe you except that Tennant doesn't appear to wear a bow tie.

    ReplyDelete