Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Another Tuesday

So this goatee experiment I've been conducting may be coming to a close soon.  I noticed this morning that I'm dangerously close to exceeding the acceptable number of white hairs per square centimeter.  Some parts of getting older suck.

The Big Red Ragnarok continues to occupy a lot of my leisure time.  Too bad I hate doing research.  I'd really like to find a kid's book about Norse Mythology.  I just need the essense, not the full experience since I'll be cherry-picking what I want from it anyway.  Since Loki has been imprisioned underground for centuries, I'm giving myself free reign to tinker with the technological progression of the Nine Homeworlds (other than Earth) that hang from the World Ash.  I'll probably focus on some of the lesser known Norse Gods so I have a bit more wiggle room.

I keep seeing a hawk down by the cemetery during Belle's daily survey of her vast territory.  I got a picture the other day but the hawk was facing the wrong way and a little too far away to get a good picture.  I'll get him one of these evenings.

One of the books I got at Bouchercon was The Deputy by Victor Gischler.  It is flipping awesome!  The main character is a part-time deputy and kind of a clueless loser at the beginning of the book.  Then carnage rains down upon him and he's slowly becoming a character I can get behind.  I'm only forty pages from the end and can't figure out how things are going to go down.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the process of growing in a full beard and am happy to report minimal grey/white hairs. I have a few but I doubt that would stop me.

    Maybe it will make you look distinguished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried growing a full beard. It seems like it would be a hassle.

    ReplyDelete