Sunday, September 11, 2011

So.... Itchy!

Apparently Belle picked up a few seed ticks herself in the woods yesterday.  I learned this on her second or third circuit of her favorite sleeping spots last night.  Every time, I woke to the sound of the jingling of the tag on her collar or the click of her claws on the tile floor.  Now that I think about it, I could have taken her collar off to reduce noise.

Suffice to say, neither of us got a good night sleep.  Belle's having a nap at the moment.  I'm guessing the tick stuff I put on her yesterday finally kicked in.  A shame that didn't happen during the eight or nine hours of her trying to get comfortable last night.

To sum up, I'm tired and irritable today.  I'm hoping to finish the rest of the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle today but we'll see how it goes.  I may have to take a couple naps instead if I'm to make it to my regular bed time.

Additional:  I'm attempting to grow a goatee for the first time in almost twelve years.  If there's as much gray in it as I suspect, the experiment won't last very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment