Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 13: The Neverending Afternoon

When the crap is this work day going to be over with so I can go home and write?  I've stolen moments for writing here and there today but I'm 90% done with the setup and the rest should be pretty smooth sailing. There's just a little expositon left from the Sisters of the Most Precious Chainsaw and a little more from Nathaniel.  I'm not sure how much longer its going to be but I'll be surprised if it hits 75k this draft.  There's just not a lot left that needs to happen, although I'm a little fuzzy about exactly what the ending is going to entail. 

Away from Camp:
I've made pretty good progress in reading Wolves of the Calla the past two days and I'm enjoying it as much as the first time I read it.  Dark Tower lingo keeps trying to invade my everyday speech.  I had the urge to say "You say true, I say Thankya" several times today.  Roland might have inspired me to make Nathaniel be carrying two old revolvers for weapons but I think it was for the best.  The leader of The Acolytes of the Revolver would go heeled in any case.

I was almost late this morning trying to take a picture of a spider that spun a web in front of my back door.  The brightness of the porch light and the size of the spider made it too hard to do at 5 am, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment