Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It feels a hell of a lot later than Tuesday

Man, I've been earning my money this week.  We implemented something Monday morning and I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with it ever since.  It's nerve wracking sifting through 6000 or so lines of code trying to find the one that's causing the record lock.  I think I found it this afternoon but it's going to be a pain in the ass trying to recreate the error so I can prove I fixed it.

On the plus side, I've been enjoying this Bizarro interview series I've found myself on.  I'm getting a little more comfortable with it and I think they keep getting better.  I figure if even one reader of my blog buys their book, it helps. Selling 200 copies of a book in one year may not seem like much if you're Stephen King but it's a hell of a rough ride when nobody knows who you are.

I'm hoping to launch Dangerous Dan Goes to the Movies as a regular feature one of these days.  I've got Zardoz and The Villain on deck.  Now I just have to find time to watch them.

Let's hope this impending storm isn't as bad as they say it's going to be.  Maybe I'll pack an emergency bag with clothes, my external hard drive, and some books, just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment