Friday, February 18, 2011

Isn't it too early for this?

I was sitting outside and reading Fall of Hyperion during my lunch break when I felt something tickle my hand.  I looked to find a tiny black spider crawling on it.  I blew it off and returned to reading.  Isn't it too early in the year for the creepy crawlies to be emerging from their winter hiding places?

As I mentioned early this week, The Hyperion Cantos is phenomenal.  I haven't felt this attached to a story since reading the final three Dark Tower books.

In other news, I visited my Grandma in the hospital yesterday for the second time since she had her stroke.  She's doing really well, about 1000 times better than last week.  She still has trouble with names and finding the right words.  Her swearing procificiency has improved dramatically, though.  She said shit three times and damn it at least ten.  And she's good at using her Grandma catchphrases like "forever more," "bless your heart," and "I'll be darned."  It's good to see her progressing.  I was there about three hours until she made everyone leave so she could watch Dukes of Hazzard with my Grandpa on CMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment