Thursday, February 24, 2011

Definitely feels like Friday

It seems like this week is taking forever.  I cursed this morning when I remembered it was only Thursday.

I'm slowly emerging from my post-Hyperion funk.  I picked up the first omnibus in Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun yesterday.  I tried reading it a few years ago but circumstances got in the way and I abandoned it.  It's going good so far.  I'd forgotten how dense Gene Wolfe's prose was.  Once I get a little more distance from Hyperion, I'm going to put on my writing hat once again.

Belle apparently has a potential suitor, a pity since she's both spayed and hates most other dogs.  The strange old lady that lives at the top of the road told me yesterday her dog tries to escape her gaze and go up to the road every day around 4:45, the time I take Belle on the second half of her territorial survey.  The dog's name is Hannah.  I didn't ask why the woman would name her male dog Hannah.  I'll save that for another time.  In the mean time, she assured me he's all male.

No comments:

Post a Comment