Wednesday, January 19, 2011

That was quick

So I was in a boring meeting yesterday afternoon and my mind started wondering.  By the end of the meeting, I had an entire heist novel plot hatched in my head, complete with the getaway and the double crosses.  Now I have to work on the characters.  I think I'll use my Gravedigger character for one of them.  Other that, the only characters I have in mind are the ex-cop who's in on the heist and I know one of the other characters has to know Digger from the old days.  I'm fairly excited about it and I plan on starting on it once I figure out some of the supporting cast.

Speaking of books, I'm trying to read the first volume of the Demon Princes by Jack Vance.  It's a 3 in 1 but pretty slim.  Still, I'm 80 pages into the first story and wondering how a sci-fi revenge tale can be so slow.  I'm hoping it picks up in later books.

No comments:

Post a Comment