Monday, October 4, 2010

Giving 100% 10% at a time: The Slacker report

Another Slackers show has come and gone.  Here's how it all went down.

The doors opened late and shortly after I walked in I was forcibly befriended by a large gentleman named Ron.  He was from Kansas City and had the same Dr. Ring-Ding shirt I was wearing.  We chatted for a little while and it turned out he was at the last Slacker's show I went to in Chicago at the Bottom Lounge.  Ron's girlfriend dragged him away a couple minutes later and I was able to look at the merch table.  No new CDs but I did get yet another Slackers shirt.  Not black or green, if you can believe that.

The Green Room Rockers went by in a blur of acceptable music and the DJ actually was pretty good.  Then the Slackers hit the stage and the place erupted.  Suddenly there were twice as many people there.

I'm going to attempt to reconstruct the set list from memory, though it won't be in order and will be incomplete:
  • Dave's Friend
  • Manuel
  • The Fried Chicken Song
  • Peculiar
  • Married Girl
  • Wasted Days
  • Please Decide
  • Sarah
  • Because
  • Cookin' for Tommy
  • The Same Everday
  • Don't Look Back
  • Keep Him Away
There were a couple more songs I can't recall at the moment.  It was another good show from the Slackers but it seemed a little short.  Then again, it would have seemed too short if they played for three hours.  I hope it's not another couple years before they come back to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment