Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday Morning Slurry

Slurry? I guess I couldn't think of another S word.

My caffeine IV isn't quite empty yet so I thought I'd spend some time on the old blog.

I had a dream last night where I was a teacher at a high school. Some girl was worried that she'd never be able to write a book. I told her I didn't finish a single story until I was 27. She asked why I hadn't published anything. It was one of those dreams where my brain is trying to tell me something. Like "Get off your ass and publish a book already. I don't want to be a computer programmer forever!"

It's going to be time to switch back to the crime books pretty soon. Six or seven fantasy books in a row is plenty. I've got lots of Parker and Scudder books left to blow through. Plus, I've noticed my unread pile is growing at an alarming rate. I'm almost back up to 80.

I'm hoping it doesn't get as hot as they are saying this weekend. I was just getting used to not having back sweat every time I walk the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment