Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Heat Wave

Yap, it's really hot outside. I took the dog outside for five minutes and wound up drenched.

Does the oil spill disgust anyone else? I think of how different the world was when the spill started. Carrie and I had yet to go on vacation. George was still alive. I had yet to read The Warded Man and The Desert Spear, nor had I test drove Joe's peach cobbler recipe. 64 days is ridiculous.

I'm drinking a bottle of Honey Moon at the moment. It's Blue Moon's seasonal brew. It's good but I'm not in love with it. Maybe I should take a stab at brewing my own beer again. This time last year, I was uncorking the first of my lovingly crafted beers. They were gone by July 7th. The 6th was hard to get through considering my neighbor died on the morning of my birthday. Hard to believe Wayne's been gone almost a whole year already. It seems like just yesterday we were talking shit on the other neighbors.

Sailors on the Sea of Dead Gods has shipped. I'm actually looking forward to reading it. Now that the November-December ordeal is so far removed I think I can enjoy it without being reminded of the toil. Once again, I'm thinking about releasing a couple books through CreateSpace.

I guess I should do the dishes so I can go about dirtying them again. I've got some turkey marinating that I want to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment