Tuesday, June 29, 2010

...and now the whole fridge smells like curry

I love hearing odd bits of other people's conversations and then imagining the part of the story I missed.

NaNoWriMo 2010 is months away but I'm already working on ideas. I think having Sailors on the Sea of Dead Gods making the rounds at work as something to do with it. I'm going to shoot for 100,000 words this year. I figure I hit 88,000 last year pretty easily. 100,000 shouldn't be that much harder.

So a picture from the 8th grade trip has surfaced on Facebook. I can't get over how young we all looked. I can't speak for everyone but I know I was already thinking of myself as an adult at 13. Which is funny considering I feel perpetually 22 and realize how little I know even now.

Salsa chicken is simmering in the crockpot as we speak. I'm making enchiladas with it right off the bat. I like the salsa chicken a lot but it makes too damn much. I'll probably make chimichangas with it later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment