Friday, April 23, 2010

Where did I leave my coffee cup?

I hate when I put my coffee cup down and it gets whisked to a parallel universe, only to be found by that universe's Dan, who thinks he's found his version of it. It reminds me of an old Tales from the Crypt comic where a guy invents a machine to enter a parallel universe where that version of himself is successful and sabotages him, only to have his own house be blown up by dynamite, leading us to believe that he hadn't, in fact, gone anywhere and is delusional.

After about twenty listens, I'm convinced The Great Rocksteady Swindle is the best Slackers record since Wasted Days. It's just that damned good.

The Gravedigger's Promise has made a bit of progress, most of it inside my head. I changed the first chapter around to get a little sympathy for Digger from the audience so it will hurt more later when the depths of his bastardry are revealed. Also, I had to put some props in his living room so I can frame him for something later.

So I'm off today. The plan was to work in the yard but that has been changed since last night's rain. Looks like I'll be gathering vacation supplies and running errands I planned to wait on instead. Rain usually makes turtles and frogs move around. Maybe I'll take some pictures later.

Found it. It was on the bookcase. I hope my body can handle caffeine molecules from another universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment