Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Loathsome Thing my Dog Did This Morning

So I was walking the dog this morning and deep in thought when I heard her make a gulping noise. I looked down to find a scrap of hide about six inches long and at least four inches wide. It was still raw and bloody on the other side. I think it was rabbit hide. Anyway, I could not get her to let it go. Every five feet or so I'd stop and tell her to put it down. She wasn't having any of it. I finally got her to release it once we got into the kitchen. Since she was still on the leash, I kicked the piece of hide toward the trash can and distracted her with a dog biscuit while I picked it up with a paper towel. It was gag inducing. After she ate the biscuit, she looked around for the piece of hide and seemed mad that I threw it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment